Friday, April 2, 2010

OH HECKYDURN!!.....



Oh Heckydurn!.... is not one of the epithets that erupted from my lips when a newly sculpted face jug leaped from the workbench and smacked the floor. I shouted the "F", "S", "H". "D", "S.O.B" words and all the other usuals. Then I went back and combined them all in sentences that made no sense but made me feel better.



He was to be "Man with a Goose Mask" and was made from leftover parts from other projects.
I don't know if he leaped to his demise from the embarrassment that having a goose for a nose would portend (Thats quite a honker you have there), or if the goose decided that it was spring and it needed to fly North and forgot that it had a man attached. Anyway, I wish he had not waited until I had completely finished sculpting him. Oh well, a little humble pie is needed from time to time.

2 comments:

Ron Mello Studio Pottery plus said...

I know that beak...I am inspired to throw some of my recent work in such fashion.Check out my new blog
http://ronmellostudiopottery.blogspot.com/

Until We Bead Again, Beth Murr said...

You are so funny. I love your work.